Community Support Services of Missouri has been making opportunities happen since 1978 for individuals with developmental disabilities. We offer numerous services to help serve our community.
• Behavioral Fitness
• Case Management
• Community Living Services
• CP Center
• Early Childhood
• Residential Services
Nearly 300 dedicated, caring staff members help to give over 1,600 individuals the most independent life they can achieve every day.
FY 2018 Annual Report
"To foster and promote maximum independence, quality of life, personal growth, health and safety for the individuals we serve."
Don't miss our signature events each year! Trails for Kids is a three-day long campout, auction and trail ride to specifically benefit the children served by the Community Support Services Cerebral Palsy Center! This family friendly event is held each year in April. You can learn more about the event on the event Facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/Trails-For-Kids-118019268269186/)
If you're looking for the hottest music and the coldest brews in town, you won't want to miss Rhythm & Brews held on the first Saturday in June each year. We offer bottomless beer mugs, special prices on craft brews and over five hours of music on two stages! Tickets go on sale each year in April for our biggest fundraiser of the year. Check out our Calendar of Events for links to purchase your tickets.
• 1978- Corporation established as Jasper County Sheltered Facilities Association by the Jasper County Sheltered Facilities Board
• 1978- Opened First Group Home
• 1981- Established Leisure and Summer Camp Program
• 1985- Established Day Program Services
• 1989- Established Community Advocacy Supports Program
• 1994- Established Individualized Supported Living Program
• 2000- Separated from Jasper County Board
• 2003- Established First Steps Program in Southwest Missouri
• 2003- Agency name changed to Community Support Services of Missouri in reflection of expanded service area
• 2004- Received CARFÂ accreditation for 3 years
• 2005- Established first Carl Junction Group Home
• 2005- Carl McConnell Activity Center Opens
• 2007- Implemented Therap On-Line Services
• 2007- CARF reaccreditation through 2010
• 2008- Celebrating 30 years of "Making Opportunities Happen!" 1978-2008
• 2009- First Non-Profit Developmental Disabilities Agency in Missouri to contract for Targeted Case Management Services with the Division of Developmental Disabilities in 6 Southwest Missouri counties
• 2010- CARF reaccreditation through 2013
• 2011- Established accessible duplex in response to need for additional accessible housing after the May 22, 2011 tornado
• 2013- Established Inclusive Playground through partnership with KaBOOM! and the McDonald's Foundation
• 2013- CARF reaccreditation through 2016
• 2015- Behavioral Fitness (BFit) program established
• 2016- CARF reaccreditation through 2019
• 2018- Celebrated 40 years of making opportunities happen!
• 2019- Acquired the Cerebral Palsy Center to offer comprehensive services to some of our youngest individuals